“Having a child with a mental disability is seen as bad Karma for people in Bali.”
“Having a child with a mental disability is seen as bad Karma for people in Bali. Some people still lock their children up in back rooms, won’t sent them to school or even won’t provide them with medical care. It means a life with no perspective.
I started this crowdfunding to create a donation for this beautiful foundation and school!
The Sari Hati school is a free school for children and young adults with mental and physical disabilities in Bali. They fully exist from donations. Sadly enough the government doesn’t support these kind of foundations.
They create a safe, happy environment and develop the potential of each participants through meaningful programmes.
Hopefully you’ll donate to support for better and meaningful lifes for these children and young adults!
Actie georganiseerd voor:
Sari Hati School
Free School for children and young adults with mental and physical disabilities at Banjar Tebongkang, Desa Singakerta, Ubud, Bali
We provide a free school for children and young adults with mental and physical disabilities, ranging from mild to severe, in Ubud – Bali, Indonesia.
We have the following aims in our school:
• To create a safe, happy environment in which participants can develop to their potential
• To nurture self-confidence, self-awareness, self-appreciation and self-love.
• To develop awareness and appreciation of the surrounding physical environment and the external world.
• To promote social skills and an awareness of others.
The focus of the program is to achieve the following goals for the children and young adults that attend the school:
• To teach basic self-help skills, such as hygiene and food preparation.
• To help develop an awareness of their bodies and develop body-tone and health though sports and yoga.
• To develop communication and social skills through art, exercise and sharing of food.
• To develop basic reading, writing and mathematical skills, where appropriate.
• To develop fine motor skills through play and other activities.
• To develop self-expression skills through art and play.
• To develop environmental awareness through gardening, recycling ad care of the local environment.
• To provide the opportunity to enjoy music and cultural outings.
• To provide the opportunity to take part in a social school environment, instead of remaining isolated at home.
• To broaden horizons and provide satisfying experiences through trips to the beach, mountains and places of local interest.